Wednesday, December 17, 2014

A Bellydancer and Her Hysterectomy: Ups and Downs...

Wow.  

Today I am 5 weeks and 2 days post op...  It is kind of hard for me to believe that it has been over a month since my surgery.  All and all I am doing very well and healing more and more every day.  The support from my family and friends has been wonderful, but I am at the point now on this journey that since I have a lot of (forced) down time I am starting to go a little stir-crazy...

I am still unable to really work (namely: dance) and while I have my post op Dr. appointment tomorrow (12/18/14) and some Private Lessons lined up for the weekend (since I *know* my doc will clear me to dance in moderation) I can't help but feel a little uncertain about my future....

As I have mentioned before my financial fear is real, and sometimes that fear leads to a little anxiety.  

I have my good days = Feeling optimistic and excited about the New Year coming up and all the opportunities that are waiting for me

And I have my bad days = Feeling down in the dumps that I am "stuck at home" and unable to jump back into work and earn a living and take care of business

Thank goodness that I have a little $$ in savings, and have sold a few things online to keep me afloat...

I *know* I have to rest, and I *know* in a few months I will be feeling amazing and ready to conquer the world, but the "right now" is getting a little hard.  I am, however, able to snap out of these rough patches pretty quickly and realize this is actually a big part of the healing process.  Hormones and their effects on the brain and emotions are REAL (I still have my ovaries, so still have normal hormone production) and I need to remember that.*

By the way, I do not regret for a second my decision to have a hysterectomy.

So with that all being said, I am moving on in a positive direction and fully open to any and all opportunities that come my way.  My 2015 ATS® Bellydance classes are scheduled and on track, and I am broadening my horizons, so to speak, in terms of a career.

I hope that other women who are going through similar "ups and downs" from their hysterectomy (or other life changing surgery)  find comfort in knowing: "You are not alone."

Know this: If I can do it, you can do it!
and...



Thanks for checking in...
xo


*Afternote: I have been told by a fellow hyster-sister that what I am going through right now can be referred to as "The 5-week meltdown" and there is light at the end of the tunnel...  Good to know and WHEW!!  :)









No comments:

Post a Comment