Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Politti's Pilates

I did this write up for my Pilates Mat classes I offered for a workshop weekend I just did and wanted to share... If you are a dancer and are wondering how to become stronger and more connected in your dance, I promise, Pilates is the way to go!




What is Pilates?

Pilates is an exercise regiment that elongates and strengthens the muscles. By correcting posture, Pilates can strengthen your body against future injuries and help to rehabilitate injuries already present. Developed in the 1920's by physical trainer Joseph H. Pilates, Pilates is an exercise system focused on improving flexibiltiy and strength for the total body. **Pilates is an invaluable asset for every dancer and every body**


Why Politti's Pilates?

I have studied Pilates for over 8 years and in 2008, completed and passed my BASI (Body Arts & Science International) Comprehensive Teacher Training Program. My Pilates passion is teaching Pilates Mat classes and I am a firm believer in using your own body as resistance for a complete full body workout. The word "workout" may scare you - Please don't let it! Pilates Mat exercises target the muscle connected to the bone, a.k.a. the deep muscle tissue that is incredibly important for dancers to strengthen for our BALANCE.


Why Pilates Mat Before Politti's ATS® Bellydance Workshops and Classes?

In my Pilates Mat classes, I will guide you through my favorite Pilates Mat exercises that I feel are the most beneficial for dancers. In my many years of doing and teaching Pilates, I can honestly say it has made me a stronger, more connected dancer, with increased stamina and regulated breathing. My Pilates Mat classes are for all levels (even if you have never done Pilates before!) and there are ALWAYS modifications to every exercise for those with physical limitations. Pilates Mat work is primarily done lying on your back with lots of stretching - And who doesn't love a good stretch? Our Pilates Mat hour together will fly by and leave you feeling invigorated and ready to dance the day away... So, come on...  won't you join me?  ♥




No comments:

Post a Comment